Chocolate Chestnut Cake, Fondant au chocolat et à la crème de marrons as it’s called in French, is one of the French cakes I fell in love with when I moved to France many years ago. Chocolate and chestnut cream goes very well together and this cake is very similar to the classic Fondant au chocolate (Chocolate Mud Cake) but with a chestnut cream twist.
Its very easy to make, you don’t need many ingredients and its also gluten-free so more people can enjoy it :-) If you don’t know what to make for dessert when inviting friends for dinner, try this cake, I promise you won’t regret it.
Chocolate Chestnut Cake recipe
- 3 eggs (egg yolks and whites separated)
- 500 g chestnut cream
- 125 g butter (salted)
- 100 g chocolate (70%)
- 75 g almond flour
- Turn on the oven to 180°C
- Melt the butter and add the chocolate, let it cool
- Pour the butter and chocolate mix into a bowl and add the egg yolks and whisk
- Add the chestnut cream and whisk
- Add the almond flour and continue to whisk
- Beat the egg whites separately in another bowl and then incorporate it to the batter gently with a spatula
- Pour the batter into a buttered round pan (I used one with 27cm in diameter for the one in these photos)
- Put it in the oven, 180°C and let it bake for 30 minutes
- Let it cool before serving. You can serve it as it is or with some whipped cream. Bonne dégustation !
Let me know how you like it if you make it.