Paris

Rooftop view over Paris

Paris rooftop viewBest rooftop view over Paris? At least one of them! The terrace of the department store Printemps offers this breathtaking view were you can see as far as too the business distric La Défense, but also the Eiffel Tower, rooftop of the Opéra Garnier, Sacré Coeur and the L’Eglise de la Madeleine. I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve been on this terrace soaking in the view while feeling happy I get to call this city as my home. Luckily our office is situated in the area of Place de la Madeleine and once in a while I do step into the touristfilled Printemps..only to take the escalators up to the top..everything for the view ;-)

Which is your spot with a great view over the rooftops in Paris? Feel free too share!

Printemps – 64, bd Haussmann, 75009 Paris Paris rooftop view
The Eiffel Tower can be seen from the rooftop terrace of Printemps
Paris rooftop viewL’Eglise de la Madeleine Paris rooftop viewThe business district La Défense

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Ellinor
    12 August 2015 at 7:59

Jag gillar också utsikten från Printemps och LaFayette. Min absoluta roof top är dock L’institut du monde Arabe. Hit hittar inte många turister och du har en vacker utsikt över staden längst med Seine. Trevligt café också om man känner att man vill sitta ner ett slag.

• Roisin
    12 August 2015 at 11:29

Gorgeous photos! The terraces of Galeries Lafayette and Printemps are my favourites – I always bring friends who are visiting there :)

roisingrace.com

• Naomi C
    13 August 2015 at 8:39

Lovely photos to wake up to! Thank you for sharing them. I don’t really have a favourite view, but I love being surprised by an unexpected view out of a hotel window….

• Robin Kent
    13 August 2015 at 21:41

Great post & photos. I’ve used this terrace for some photographs myself. As you say, a fabulous view. I found Ellinor’s comment helpful; I did not know the Institut du Monde Arabe had a roftop terrace. I will definitely check it out on my next visit.

• Solli Kanani
    13 August 2015 at 23:38

@Robin – Thanks, happy to hear :-) Yes, as Ellinor mentions, L’Institut du Monde Arabe got a beautiful view as well, not 360 degrees as Printemps, but a nice one where you can see Notre Dame from behind and Ile Saint Louis. I’ve been there and will post my photos soon ;-)

• Solli Kanani
    13 August 2015 at 23:39

@Naomi – thanks, I’m happy to hear :-) Surprising beautiful views out of the hotel window are always nice..did you see the ones I took at the Peninsula?

• Solli Kanani
    13 August 2015 at 23:41

@Roisin – thanks, I’m happy to hear :-) I always bring my friends visiting to this terrace too. However I’ve still not been on Lafayette’s terrace yet…on my list!

• Solli Kanani
    13 August 2015 at 23:42

@Ellinor – Utsikten fr L’Institute du Monde Arabe är också väldigt vacker, var där för ett tag sen men har inte hunnit lägga upp mina bilder än..men snart ;-) Kram!

• Lina
    14 August 2015 at 23:43

Beautiful photos and what a view! My favourite rooftop view over Paris is L’Arc de Triomphe and the Montparnasse Tower.

• Anna
    15 August 2015 at 10:53

Wonderful pics Solli, I looooove the colors! My fav spot to admire the view on Paris is the terrace of the hotel Raphael – breathtaking!

• Solli Kanani
    16 August 2015 at 0:29

@Lina – thanks! A few weeks ago I went up to the Montparnasse Tower, will publish the photos soon ;-)

• Solli Kanani
    16 August 2015 at 0:29

@Anna – thanks Anna, happy to hear :-) I’ve never been on the terrace of hotel Raphael..not yet but on my list ;-) Bet the view must be beautiful!