Paris Restaurants and bistros

Le Nemrod, bistro in Paris

Le NemrodLe Nemrod, the French bistro situated on the corner of Rue du Cherche-Midi and Rue Saint Placide is the place I sometimes have lunch at or an after-work in the evenings (when I’m too lazy to go to Café Varenne). I usually have their Croque Poîlane (without ham) but their different salads are also tasty…so is their assiette de fromage. Perfect place when you’re done with your shopping at Le Bon Marché or La Grande Epicérie that is only 2 minutes walk away….or just happen to be in the area and want to sit in a nice place perfect for people watching while eating typical French bistro food.

Le Nemrod – 51 rue du Cherche-Midi / 30 rue de Saint Placide, 75006 Paris Le NemrodThat crusty layer of cheese…croque poîlane at Le Nemrod
Le NemrodA slice of Poîlane bread topped with cheese comes together with a small bowl of salad. Usually there should be slices of ham beneath the cheese but as I’m a vegetarian I always ask to have mine without :-) Le NemrodEnjoy watching not only the people walking by, but also look up and admire the beautiful old buildings <3 Le NemrodLe Nemrod – usually crowded, a good sign ;-)

Photos taken with my Fuji Finepix x100s

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Karen
    09 August 2015 at 9:49

This is the place David Lebovitz been writing about, I went there twice with my husband last year and we both liked it very much.

• Shannon
    09 August 2015 at 20:13

Thanks for the recommendation! Coming to Paris in two weeks with my sister and will be staying in St Germain. Will put this bistro on our list!

• Anna
    10 August 2015 at 10:53

Looks nice but a bit far away from my office to go for lunch… May be dinner one day:)

• angelina @ Peonies & Orange Blossoms
    10 August 2015 at 20:29

Your Lunch looks so tasty! I am a vegetarian too and will save this for when I go to Paris next!

• Solli Kanani
    13 August 2015 at 23:43

@Angeline – Croque Monsieur – typical French and have it without ham, perfect for us vegetarians ;-) You should also try Café Varenne, its my absolute favourite brasserie!!

• Solli Kanani
    13 August 2015 at 23:44

@Shannon – you’re welcome :-) Hope you will enjoy it!

• Solli Kanani
    13 August 2015 at 23:46

@Anna – yes, a little bit too far for you, but as you say, maybe one evening for dinner? I acctually find it very difficult to find a nice place for lunch in the 8th arrondissement…

• jessica
    14 August 2015 at 2:26

This makes me wish so desperately I was back in Paris. Love. Merci!

• Solli Kanani
    16 August 2015 at 0:32

@Jessica – perhaps time for a trip to Paris soon? :-)