Hotels Paris Restaurants and bistros

Afternoon Tea at The Peninsula Paris

The Peninsula Paris

Afternoon Tea at The Peninsula Paris is a sweet experience and not to be missed when in the City of Lights. I was invited to try their Afternoon Tea together with Parisbreakfast a few weeks ago and I must admit, when seeing my photos I am very tempted to go back. Who wouldn’t?

The Peninsula Paris offers a traditional Afternoon Tea and one that has been created by their pastry chef Julien Alvarez also known as a World Champion in pastry. Beeing smart we asked for one of each and after have chosing our tea to go with it we were served Peninsula‘s own bubbly champagne while waiting for our Afternoon Tea. In short two Afternoon Tea stands were placed on our table and our waitress kindly presented and described each and every mini pastry and finger sandwhiches. We were ready to dig in! I loved everything, the finger sandwiches and the scones that were served with differend jams and clotted cream. Clotted cream and scones are obligatory in an Afternoon Tea and I must say these fresh baked scones with raisins were very yummie. The mini pastries too, bananoffee cake, carrot cake…one things is sure, you get spoiled. The service was impeccable, very attentive waitresses and waiters making sure we had everything we needed while enjoying our Afternoon Tea on The Kléber Terrace.

The Peninsula Paris – 19 Avenue Kléber, 75116 Paris

We had their own champagne – Champagne Brut Cuvée Peninsula
The Peninsula Paris
The desserts menu at The Peninsula Paris..consisting of many tempting desserts…
The Peninsula Paris
Champagne on our table while trying to decide what tea to have for our Afternoon Tea..so many choices!
Finally I knew what I wanted, the Rose et Jasmin, iced-tea
Silver plated cutlery from Gainsborough
The Peninsula Paris
Our Afternoon Tea – one Traditional Afternoon Tea and one by their pastry chef Julien Alvarez
Traditional Afternoon Tea at Peninsula Paris
The Peninsula Paris
A selection of pretty mini pastries

The Peninsula Paris
Delicious raspbery jam, and clotted cream! I love clotted cream, its the rolls royce of fresh cream and I can’t have enough of it..
Freshly bakes scones
The Peninsula Paris
FInger sandwhiches, Scottish salmon with fresh dill, cucumber cream cheese and eggs “mimosa”mayonnaise”
Delightful buns

The Peninsula Paris
Parisbreakfast opted for a mint infusion

The Peninsula Paris
I cooled down with the rose and jasmin iced-tea

The Peninsula Paris
Scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam, obligatory on an Afternoon Tea, still so hard to find in Paris

Rose and Jasmin iced-tea
Afternoon Tea at the Peninsula Paris
Ever seen a prettier carrotcake?
Afternoon Tea at the Peninsula Paris
The Peninsula Paris – La Terrasse Kléber

You Might Also Like

21 Comments

sanaz
    08 July 2015 at 11:37

Wow vilka fina bilder. Härliga färger. Ser riktigt gott ut ♡

Roisin
    13 July 2015 at 10:47

These photos are gorgeous! I will definitely have to visit the Peninsula soon – just looking at all these delightful treats is making hungry!

Parisbreakfast
    16 July 2015 at 16:14

Absolutely beautiful photo essay Solli!
    Dreamy pictures.
    Bravo

Monique
    17 July 2015 at 13:45

A beautiful post Solli..I was chez Carol ..
    I have a little question..I see the tea strainer..was your tea..jasmine.. a tea bag? wondering where it is..? Or do they use the strainer for something else as I sometimes do..I love the pouring champagne photo..love the roses in the tea idea.The shot glasses w/ preserves..
    I have only had afternoon tea..high tea..here in Montreal at tThe Ritz and loved it.Very special.
    Romantic photos.

Solli Kanani
      20 July 2015 at 23:52

Monique – thanks, I’m happy to hear :-) No, the tea strainer was for Carol’s tea, there was no tea bag in mine, I believe they prepared it and let it cool and put some ice cubes before serving it. I loved the dried roses they had put in it <3 If I go to Montreal I will know where to have Afternoon Tea ;-)

Diane
    17 July 2015 at 14:16

It’s The City of Light, not LightS. As in the Enlightenment!

Lori
    17 July 2015 at 14:47

Are each of those trays for one person?! So, I guess you take one bite of everything? Just gorgeous, I will be there in November, making a reservation now! Found you from Breakfast in Paris site. Can I only follow you by email? I did a Bloglovin’ search and your blog did not show.

Suzanne etienne
    17 July 2015 at 15:19

Paris breakfast regular. You blog looks devine!

Kathryn DerMarderosian
    17 July 2015 at 15:25

Hello Solli,
    I cointinue to enjoyPB’s blog and she suggested to her readers that they view your Peninsula Hotel photos. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Thank you. I would love to receive your mailings.
    Thanks, Kathryn
    (Midcoast Maine, USA)

Madonna
    17 July 2015 at 17:40

I just stopped by from PB. What a fun outing! It would be difficult to choose what to have first.

elizabeth
    17 July 2015 at 17:43

What bliss!
    and what lovely photos. I’m a New York friend of Carol’s.
    Loved your post – and longing to go there

Solli Kanani
      20 July 2015 at 23:39

Elizabeth – Thanks, happy you like them. You should come and we could all go there one day :-)

Meg @ Pinch of Nutmeg
    17 July 2015 at 18:06

This was a wonderful post. I’m a first time reader and will definitely be a regular one now!

Lisa
    22 July 2015 at 22:33

Visiting from PB. Your photos are lovely – I’m very attracted to the china – do you have any idea what pattern it might be? I’m going to go wander through your blog now and look for other lovely things. Thank you.

Harriet
    23 July 2015 at 14:49

Great post! Wonderful photos. Arrived here via parisbreakfast.

Naomi
    24 July 2015 at 8:57

Such beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing them. I feel as though I am (almost) there….